The Jeffries Family

Sometimes the stories I write stick with me long after they're finished.  This is one of them.  I'm not sure if it's because Anne is around my age, 42, or because her sister is my friend Joidee or because I see my own daughters when I look at this picture of Anne with hers.  Whatever the reason, this story has touched me profoundly.  It's so cliche to say each day is a gift, but how else do we describe it?  It's hard to treat each day like it's our last when the house is messy and the kids are acting obnoxious or when money feels tight.  It's hard to feel like every moment is precious when so many of them are wrapped up in the mundane acts of life.  Cleaning toilets isn't all that amazing, is it?  But hearing Anne's story has been a reminder to find the precious among the mundane.  Click on the link below to read her story and try to look for the joy a little harder today.  


Comments