Moin Moin Loaf


I like you to explore new ways of cooking moin moin because I totally understand how tedious the process can be. So I personally always explore new ways to make my life easier in the kitchen.

I was working with a hotel in Lagos recently and was asked to come up with a new way to serve moin moin as a buffet option.

Typically, moin moin is cooked in individual containers or portions.....so to save space on the buffet table and create a more compact and individualized platter, I decided to steam (not bake) the moin moin in a bread loaf tin. This made the moin moin come out shaped like a loaf, and was really easy to slice into individual portions, easy for diners to take slice by slice.

See some of my delicious moin moin recipes:
1. Moin moin made with fresh beans
2. Moin moin made with bean flour

What to do
Make your moin moin batter as usual and pour into a non stick baking pan.

Then carefully place the pan into a steamer and steam until cooked. The time may vary depending on how deep the pan is. Use the same method of checking if your cake is done, by sticking a fork (or stick) in the center. The stick must come out clean.

Before serving, allow the cooked moin moin to rest for a few minutes. This will allow the moin moin to take shape and firm up.

Slice in readiness for your guests.


Comments