Post Crash Rehash


A little post-crash update:

It's been 9 days since our bike crash and things are finally starting to feel a little better.  Shelly went in for surgery on Tuesday to reattach a ruptured tricep and to clean out her wound.  She is the proud owner of a cast that goes from wrist to shoulder.  It will be 8 weeks until she can ride again, which means 8 weeks until I can ride again.  We're in this mess together.  I hope to be running again within two weeks.  At least I can teach indoor cycling 100%.  Still not sad I can't do push ups.

Shelly and I doing our best not to fall off the elliptical.

My wounds are healing, and every day feels better but I still wake up every night around 1 a.m. with my shoulder on fire.  My arm is finally beginning to heal up.  This bump on my shoulder is a permanent souvenir of this bike ride.  Good thing I don't really care about such things.  If anyone asks how I got it, at least I have a good story to tell.



For all the complaining I do about races coming up, and for all nervous nausea I experience before a race, I was pretty shocked at how disappointed I was at missing the Utah Valley Marathon this past week.  Sometimes the pain we experience after an injury is worse than the injury itself.  Click on the link below to read more of my thoughts on this.  Learning to Be Grateful for Every Run



Comments